|Download for Windows
|Download for Mac
What is ci_calc
The “compound interest calculator” (or “ci_calc”) generates a nice overview of compound interest possibilities for your specific investment plan. This overview is saved in an .xlsx Excel file with 3 sheets:
- The first sheet is an overview of different investment periods.
- The second sheet gives all possible outcomes for each month + average yearly return combination
- The third sheet shows the month-over-month equivalent of year-on-year returns from 0 - 100%
ci_calc aims to help with multiple things:
- Help pick an investment plan that fits specific budgets, plans & desires.
- Get a feel for how your investment plan can/will turn out
- Estimate the average year-on-year return of a certain dollar-cost-averaging history
- Assure anyone that slow but steady wins the race
How to use ci_calc
Download ci_calc from this page or my Github. (Note: your operating system might complain it doesn’t know me / this application)
Note: it’s advised to look at the Excel file with Excel or Google Sheets.